Uganda seeks a consultant for a 100km road project
The Uganda National Roads Authority is seeking a consultant to conduct the feasibility study and detailed engineering design of the 100km Kilak (Gulu)-Rhino Camp Road in Uganda.
The expected project duration is 12 months.
The Gulu (Kilak)-Rhino Camp Road connects the Gulu-Nimule Highway to the district of Amuru, with a ferry crossing to the West Nile region.
The consultant will undertake the following tasks:
- Feasibility study, including evaluating alternative routes, pavement options, road safety, preliminary design, implementation plan, economic and financial analysis.
- Detailed engineering design for the chosen route option, encompassing all data collection, field surveys, and analysis, covering aspects like roadway, signage, and related furnishings.
- Develop bidding documents for international competitive bidding.
- Produce an environmental and social impact statement (ESIS) and environmental and social management plans (ESMP).
- Create a resettlement action plan (RAP) and stakeholder engagement plan (SEP).
Interested consultants can obtain further information at the address below during office hours, between 09h00 and 17h00, Monday to Friday.
Expressions of interest in English should be submitted in person by 8 September 2023, at 11h00 (GMT+3).
Uganda National Roads Authority (UNRA)
Plot 3-5, New Port Bell Road,
UAP Nakawa Business Park
First Floor, Block D,
P. O. Box 28487,
The call for expressions of interest can be viewed here.
Photo: Uganda map (© Sjankauskas | Dreamstime)