Tanzania invites EOI for works & services under the Malagarasi Hydropower Project (HPP)
According to the Notice posted on the African Development Bank website, the objectives of the Malagarasi HPP is to improve power supply in western Tanzania in addition to increasing power generation capacity in order to foster socioeconomic transformation. The proposed 49.5 MW grid-connected hydro power plant (with an average annual energy production of 181 GWh) will mainly serve the local demand in Kigoma and surrounding Regions comprising households and social services amenities (namely education, health and water supply facilities) including small and medium-sized enterprises.
The project includes the following components:
- Construction of Malagarasi hydropower plant including social amenity facilities, road network and tree planting;
- Construction of an evacuation transmission line;
- Construction of distribution networks and rural electrification lines in Kigoma Region including installation of last-mile connections;
- Project management & contract administration;
- Compensation and/or resettlement of Project Affected Persons.
Procurement will be conducted in line with the African Development Bank’s Procurement Policy for Bank Group Funded Operations, dated October 2015.
For further information, click here.