Kenya invites bids for sludge treatment facilities
Kenya’s Kilifi Mariakani Water and Sewerage Company Limited (KIMAWASCO) invites bids for the construction of sludge treatment facilities in the towns of Kilifi and Mtwapa in Kenya.
The scope of work entails the construction of two sludge treatment facilities (one in Kilifi and one in Mtwapa) each comprising:
- Exhaust discharge bay
- Equalisation tank (32m³ capacity)
- Anaerobic baffled reactor (twin – 95m³ capacity)
- Facultative pond (29m x 13m x 2m at top embankment)
- Two constructed wetlands (18m x 6m each)
- Eight sludge drying beds (13m x 10m)
- One soak pit
- Site and ancillary works, including operator’s offices / guard house, fencing, internal roads, surface drainage, etc.
- Supply of two sewage exhausters, each 7m3 capacity
The construction period is nine months, and the defects liability period is 12 months.
The World Bank is funding the project.
A pre-bid meeting will take place at the address below on 5 September 2023 at 10h00.
Interested consultants can obtain further information and inspect the bidding documents between 09h00 and 17h00 from Monday to Friday at the address below.
Proposals must be physically delivered by 11h15 on 6 October 2023.
Electronic submissions will not be accepted.
Kilifi Mariakani Water and Sewerage Company Limited
Attn: Gona Mwembe, Project Coordinator
P.O.BOX 275, off Mombasa-Malindi Road, former KDDP offices
80108, Kilifi Kenya
Tel: + 254727110/+254737442525
The invitation to bid can be viewed here.
Photo: Kenya Map (© Woravit Vijitpanya | Dreamstime)