Contractors invited to prequalify for Angola sanitation work
Angola’s National Directorate of Water has invited contractors to prequalify for two sanitation construction projects in the towns of Benguela and Lobito.
Lot 1 covers the town of Benguela and comprises:
• rehabilitation of an existing 23km sewerage line and household connections
• construction of a 27km new sewerage line and household connections
• rehabilitation/upgrading of two pumping stations
• construction of three new pumping stations
• rehabilitation of the wastewater treatment plant (nature-based pond) in Benguela town from the current capacity of 1,968 m3/day to 11,520 m3/day.
Lot 2 relates to the town of Lobito and comprises:
• rehabilitation of an existing 10km sewerage line
• construction of 6km of new sewerage lines and household connections
• rehabilitation/upgrading of three pumping stations
• construction of two new pumping stations
• rehabilitation/upgrading and expansion of wastewater treatment plant (nature-based pond) in Lobito town from the current capacity of 6,336 m3/day to 21,600 m3/day.
The request for bids notification is expected to be issued in September.
The project is being supported with funding from the African Development Bank.
Applications for prequalification should be submitted to the address below by 4 August 2023 at 11h30.
Mrs. Elsa Ramos
Director of National Water Directorate (DNA),
Ministry of Energy and Water (MINEA),
Street: Rua Via S8,
Condomínio Marbelas Residencial –Dolce Vita, Bairro: Talatona,
Building 1D, 6th Floor, Room Number 6B,
Municipality of Belas, Luanda, Angola
The invitation for prequalification can be viewed here.