China Communication Construction Company awarded road construction contract in Uganda
The Kampala Capital City Authority has awarded a contract for the rehabilitation of roads in Uganda's city of Kampala to Chinese construction firm, China Communication Construction Company Ltd (CCCC).
The value of the construction contract is UGX151,387,194,112 (approx. US$42,035,334). The contract duration is 36 months, with a defect liability period of 12 months.
The scope of construction works under the contract includes upgrading 9.54 kilometres of roads to paved standard, reconstruction of 6.72 kilometres of roads including signalization of 5 junctions and channelization of 3.9 kilometres of drainages in Lubaga, Kawempe, Makindye division and Wakiso District (Lot 5).
According to information posted on the African Development Bank website, a total of 11 bidders submitted tenders for the road construction contract. The other 10 bidders were:
- China Railway Seventh Group Co. Ltd [Chinese]
- Stecol Corporation [Chinese]
- Shandong Luqiao Group Co. Ltd [Chinese]
- China Wu Yi Co. Ltd [Chinese]
- China Geo--Engineering Corporation [Chinese]
- China National Aero-Technology International Engineering Corporation [Chinese]
- China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation (CCECC) [Chinese]
- Wady El Nil Contracting & Real Estate Investment Company Chinese]
- Zhongmei Engineering Group Limited [Chinese]
- Construction Corporation (CICO) [Chinese]
The executing agency for the project is the Kampala Capital City Authority, Uganda.