Rwanda Awards Kigali Centralised Sewerage System Contract
The contract is worth US$51.2 million.
The Water and Sanitation Corporation of Rwanda has awarded China Railway Construction Engineering Group the contract to design and build the Kigali Centralised Sewerage System.
The contract is worth US$51.2 million, and the duration is 30 months.
Six other groups submitted bids for the project:
• China State Construction Engineering Corporation
• A joint venture of Mota-Engil Engenharia e Construcao Africa and GEG
• A joint venture of China Geo-engineering Corporation and China Nerin Engineering Company
• China Gezhouba Group Company
• A joint venture of Sotravic, PC Snehal Construction and Makimsan
• A joint venture of Arab Contractors (Osman Ahmed Osman & Co.) and Orascom Construction
The project aims to improve sanitation in Kigali by connecting consumers to a sewerage network and reduce the pollution of rivers and groundwater resources from septic tanks, soak aways and latrines.
Add a comment
ConstructAfrica welcomes lively debate, but will not publish comments that are threatening, libellous or abusive.