China’s Baoye Hubei Construction Engineering Group awarded road construction contract in Rwanda
The value of the contract is RWF7,890,268,731 (approx. US$7,521,561). The duration of the construction contract is 18 months.
The scope of the project is constructing the Ngororero water supply system (Muhembe, Nyamyotsi, and Nyirarongero water supply systems).
According to information posted on the African Development Bank website, a total of eight bidders submitted tenders for the contract to construct the water supply system.
The other seven bidders were:
• China Geo-Engineering Corporation [Chinese]
• Fair Construction Limited [Rwandan]
• Coricom Limited [Kenyan]
• China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation (CCECC) [Chinese]
• CSC & EC (PTY) Ltd (Botswanan)
• JV Hygebat Ltd & Bright Construction Company (BFCC) Ltd [ Rwandan]
• JV Abosskal Muhendisk IS Gelistirme Ve Musarvirlik Ltd. Sti & Oferkal Insaat Ve Yatirim [Turkish]
The executing agency for the project is Water and Sanitation Corporation (WASAC).